Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been a while

It's been over a month since I posted. A lot has happened this past month.
The end of September we traveled to Berlin, OH and stayed in a wonderful cabin called Simple Blessings Cabin. We shopped, traveled the back roads and basically had a great relaxing time. My husband said it best when he said he did not know how he would ever stay at a motel again after staying at Simple Blessings Cabin .



I've been doing some sewing since I returned. Still have not finished the Frosty Frames (see previous post) I do however have it sandwiched and pinned and ready to quilt.

OH, OH I took a meandering quilt class at the Riverplace Mercantile . It was really fun and I learned a lot. I have even been able to use it.
Here is a small wall hanging I made... 1 of 3 ...I bought the pattern in Berlin and only had to buy some more white on white fabric for the snowman. It is about 12" x 18".
If you look closely you can see my meandering.

Here is another project I did the last couple nights. It took me forever to decide on the fabrics and I'm still not sure about a couple of them. I still need to put the batting & backing on and quilt it. I haven't decided whether to blanket stitch around the mittens, letters, etc. or just leave them like they are. This wall hanging is about 41" x 14".

No comments: