Friday, August 29, 2008

Heading North

Well Labor Day weekend is upon us. Many years ago, about 1989, the women in our family made a yearly tradition of driving north to Harrisville, MI for the annual Harmony Weekend, not sure if that's the correct name. They have a great arts & craft show on Saturday and Sunday and there is also a smaller one in Tawas City. So of course we hit them both, stopping along the way at any mall, craft store or restaurant we desired. At one time there was 10 of us that would go. In 2003 this tradition ended when my mother became extremely ill the day before we were supposed to leave. She passed away about 2 1/2 months later.

Last year my husband and I went up for the weekend. What a great trip and he liked it too. I found out that the crowds on Saturday are all gone by Sunday. Sunday was a much nicer day for getting a good look at everything. On Saturday you would shuffle down the aisles and try to sneak a peak at the booths. It was also difficult to get back into the aisles when trying to leave the booth.

WELL, this weekend we have 3 couples going. I'm sure we are going to have a great time. My brother loves going to large craft shows and is really looking forward to going. I hope he's not disappointed.

Only disappointment for me will be that the quilt shop will not be opened. Maybe that is a good thing though. So, no sewing for me this weekend. I'm on vacation!!!

No comments: